Only 13 Democratic senators voted against Joe Lieberman? Are you kidding me? This guy made an absolute mockery of party loyalty - above and beyond Zell Miller and only 13 Democratic senators opposed his retention of a committee chairmanship? Much less any leadership role?
Let this be an immediate object lesson on the difference between the GOP and Democratic Party right here. Apparently, you can be forgiven almost anything - even campaigning against you own party's nominee and still keep you job when you lose. Now that is FORGIVENESS. Call me crazy, but I cannot even begin to imagine a similar outcome if the roles were reversed. And they keep telling me that they are so much more Christian than I am!
That said, I hope that Holy Joe will greatly note and forever remember (sorry Abe!) what happened today -- because I'm quite confident at least 13 of his colleagues, his new President and a whole host of howling mad citizens will not.
I'm with many of those folks. Magnanimous? More like foolish. A prodigal son? Unlikely. Frankly, I don't care about what he might bring to the future. Holy Joe should pay a greater penance for his sins of yesterday before being trusted once again in a powerful leadership position. As DDay says, "don't say you weren't warned."
I guess bottom line is this. Loyalty, it appears, is for the rubes. Maybe this is something that American automakers, their workers and the millions of others who depend on them better figure out right quick. These Americans are about to learn just how far that loyalty will get them. (Hint... its not very far....)
(Thanks Firedoglake for once again leading in an important cause.)
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment