Whatever.
So those few of you who do stop by to read my ruminations know that I've been an infrequent commenter on the scene, a ghost who comments on what others write but rarely stands up and makes statements in their own blog. It's true; I've been pretty delinquent in posting my various thoughts about where we are today in our country, where we seem to be headed, and why we are on the course we are on.The very interested wonder "why"?? Every now and then, I wonder the same thing. Is it too much work? Too many other commitments?? The burning out of the fires of "hope and (or for) change"??? Or simply boredom with commentary on the contretemps of the times????
Others simply shrug their shoulders and move on to the next blog.
The lack of activity here at this blog is probably due to all of the above and more. No doubt I am very unhappy, as are many, many other patriots, with where we find ourselves theses days. Heck, we can't even keep the few, mildly progressive and wholly patriotic appointments made by the new Administration. But yet, "Ben the Beard" Bernanke keeps his job and Wall Street tycoons fleece the rest of us (and each other every now and then). And we have to wonder what the heck this guy has been telling his boss in the wake of this abject failure.
Sadly, we've watched our new president stumble down the path of his predecessors, wading further into the big muddy of Afghanistan and failing to uphold his pledge to shutdown that embarrassing on us all, Guantanamo. To hear how unbelievable (or inevitable) these actions are, simply listen to how Bill Moyers brought to life LBJ's Path to War in a November broadcast. Sigh.
And don't even get me going on the debacle that is health care reform! It's even worse than it was when I last wrote. Apparently we have the best Congress that money and inherent conflicts of interest can buy.
I guess it is not surprising then that I've been silent. What victory is there to speak of these days? Heck, it is so bad that one has to take pleasure in the "morans" climbing to ever higher heights of astroturfed recognition -- so high indeed that they might complete the GOP's ideological purity firing squads in the fallout of the party's failure last year.
At least we've seen a couple of truly upstanding new Congressmen take the principled stands their constituents expect them to take.
And, I even hear Karl Rove is joining the rest of his right wing, family-values buddies in the ranks of the divorced! Maybe the next time he shows up on TV to extol family values, one of the punditry could ask him how long it will be before he marries again? Even that ever pompous windbag Rusty had some sort of medical problem while vacationing in exotic Hawaii that he doesn't want to talk about (too bad it wasn't fatal, but it would be karmic if it were Parkinson's; jus' sayin'). So, maybe things are looking up?
Anyhow, for those who do take the time to read this --- Happy New Year!!! Let's make 2010 a better one than last year --- whether we act individually, with our small circles of family and friends, or collectively. For, as I noted almost a year ago, we have a lot to do in our country and we are the ones who are going to get it done if its going to get done.
And you can bet I'm going to see this if it ever makes it to where I am at!
(PS - you'll note some admin changes to the look of the blog -- and several additions to my blogroll. I hope you'll visit those fine folks too.)
2 comments:
Have seen your posts, but didn't know you had a blog. Just discovered it. This is a good post and I'll check back to see if you do more.
I fully understand your feelings; I've been wrestling with the same issues WRT the blog in which I participate.
Hang in there.
Thanks Publius. Hanging in there is about all any of us can do at the moment.
Hopefully we won't be swinging from the gallows when all is said and done.
SP
Post a Comment