Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Today is Gilly Day

Yep. I'm back for a brief moment amidst the craziness that is my life these days.

If only to recognize that today is Steve Gilliard's day. A sad remembrance of the day his blog, The News Blog, went black. Steve was one heck of a writer and observer of the modern day. Once I found him, I could never get enough. And when he passed from the scene, we were all the worse for it.

Fortunately, those that knew Steve personally and through his writings keep his name alive over at the Group News Blog. Today, they are honoring Steve, his writing, and thinking about what a 2008 it would have been if Steve were around to share it.

I have no doubt that if Gilly were here today, he'd be hammering away at the Obama Administration for not fully living up to its promise -- all the while noting that he'd said during the campaign that BHO was a talented orator but at heart a centrist guy and not to buy into the rhetoric. And boy howdy, would he be having fun with the new head of the RNC - Michael Steele!

Check out Gilly's Fighting Liberal words and works by clicking on the left-side link. Savor what true journalist in 21st Century USA is and should be.

Well Gilly. Today is your day. And we remember you. But more importantly, we miss you! Wherever you are brother, keep an eye on the rest of us and if you can, give us a hand too!


PS -- I haven't forgotten my two lonely followers. Hopefully more soon! And maybe even garden pictures! SP

2 comments:

Cirze said...

Thanks for the lovely remembrance of Gilly!

How are you doing these days?

Suzan

Serving Patriot said...

Suzan,

Thanks for stopping by! Been busy. Spring. Kids. Work. Garden. Travel. You name it.

And, thinking/working hard for the future SP life. Trying to do my part for the economy so to speak.

Hopefully, I can get back into the swing. But, many time it is almost to depressing. Even with CHANG and HOPE (supposedly) in charge.

This line from the D-Day speech though makes me happy: For you remind us that in the end, human destiny is not determined by forces beyond our control. You remind us that our future is not shaped by mere chance or circumstance. Our history has always been the sum total of the choices made and the actions taken by each individual man and woman. It has always been up to us.

It is up to us!

Jim Wright over at Stonekettle Station published the whole speech. I'm glad he did.

How are YOU doing these days?

SP