Thursday, December 11, 2008

Just in case we need a reminder

It's hard to believe we are still exactly where we were a couple of weeks ago.

I guess I should not be surprised that the opposition to helping fellow American workers continues to emanate from the vindictive, spiteful, loser frothing of neo-confederate senators from the South. It's to be expected". Over at the Hullabaloo, Digby and DDay both describe better than I can the insanity and ridiculousness. What's more disappointing to me is the apparent spinelessness of the Democratic Party leadership in this sordid affair.

Suffice it to say, its well past time for the UAW to spend some of its money to help its members partake in direct, in-person workers action against Shelby, Sessions, McConnell and Corker and hound these hounds until they cry UNCLE.

Barring that, when the bottom does fall out of the rest of the economy as flagship U.S. manufacturing interests go into default (and the billions, perhaps trillions, of credit default swaps that start trading hands as a result), I advocate tossing these four pogues from the People's lifeboat first. Of course, hoisting these fellas on the stabby ends of very, very sharp sticks would work just as well.

Oh, and when that next hurricane comes crashing through Alabama, FYYFFs!

No comments: