Saturday, August 22, 2009

Getting sick of the compromises...

OK, so its TWO posts in a single day! Perhaps a feat yet unmatched in this paltry excuse for a blog! But what can I say, it's been rainy all day, the garden will wait, and reading about the inanity of Republicans and weakness of Democrats has got my dander up!

I think Digby captures my mood best today in here post Siding With Their Ideals, which ends with this

Watching a Democratic president and a large Democratic majority unwilling to pass decent legislation in the face of the dysfunctional, impotent clownshow that currently calls itself the Republican Party is about the most depressing thing I've seen in all my years observing politics. I can't even imagine how I would feel if I were 20 years younger and a lot less cynical.


Yep. That about sums it up. 37-dimension chess or not, its about damn time for those LEADING the nation to actually HELP the nation and its people.

Will they?

No comments: